Call for family counseling and schedule an appointment at 516-484-2829.
Family counseling if you have recently gone through a rough divorce and notice that you and the kids are experiencing difficulties with the changes in the household?
Are you noticing that step-parenting is much more difficult than you ever imagined?
Do you have a child/adolescent that is struggling in school and whose behavior seems to merit some outside intervention?
Maybe the family dynamics, a hectic paced life, and other factors warrant that you need some help getting everything in perspective and with organizing your family life?
Then you may want to consult with a professional counselor/therapist to get some family counseling.
How can Family Counseling Services help my family?
Counseling Services Direct family counseling with offices located in Long Island is well-equipped to help you find the best possible solutions to your family problems. We have hundreds of clients who have consulted us for family counseling sessions and who we have helped with:
- Juggling work schedules/school activities
- Parenting/Step parenting
- Overcoming change, grief, a divorce
- Balancing Discipline and Love
- Providing Structure and Maintaining Boundaries
- School Related Issues (Grades Falling, Bullying,
- Self Esteem, etc)
- Temper Tantrums for all Ages
- Arguing, Fighting, etc.
- Adolescent Attitude Issues
Families may experience various issues at times in their lives. Some problems are so immense that the only means to find a peaceful resolve to them is to consult with a professional counselor/therapist. We use a variety of therapeutic techniques for family counseling that are customized for your immediate needs and exact circumstances.
Some of these forms of therapy may include: psychodynamic therapy, cognitive- behavioral therapy, gestalt therapy, structural therapy, strategic therapy, solution- focused therapy, and communication based therapy. Through these therapeutic approaches we can help you to:
- Break through the communication barriers with your children/adolescents
- Bring a peace to an otherwise dysfunctional household/home
- Find solutions to help balance love/discipline
- Get to the core of the issues and find ways to tactfully resolve the deep-seated hurts
- Help you to organize your time in order to reap larger rewards in your family life
- Be a better parent/step parent
- Help your children to resolve conflicts and to cope with conflicts better
- Learn to negate negative thought patterns, behaviors, anger, and resentment.
- Improve home/work balance
Finding peace, love, joy, balance, and improving structure in your home involves the understanding that families come in all shapes, forms, and sizes. We know that your situation is unique, however we have successfully treated all genres of families including:
- Families experiencing divorce
- Single parent families
- Families with the Step Parents/Step Sibling/ Step Children dynamics
- Families who have suffered a loss
- Families who have experienced the harsh effects of substance abuse
- Families experiencing behavioral problems with children and adolescents
So take the first step to ensure your family’s well-being by just making the time to calling us to set up an appointment at one of the Long Island office locations or by contacting us with any questions or concerns you may have in regards to our counseling services or process of family therapy.